Mason Public Schools participates in the Out-of-District Schools of Choice provision as stated in Section 105 and 105c of the State School Aid Act. Under the law, districts must first advertise the number of openings available in each grade. A 15-day window follows to allow for applications to be submitted.
Criteria for applying for Out-of-District Schools of Choice:
1. Students who have been accepted under the Out-of-District Schools of Choice provision in previous years do not need to reapply each year. Once accepted, students are approved for attendance through graduation as long as their enrollment is continuous.
2. Applicants must reside in an intermediate school district that is contiguous with Ingham Intermediate School District.
3. First preference will be given to students who moved out of the Mason Public School district during the previous school year and for siblings of current Out-of-District Schools of Choice students.
4. Grades for which there are more applicants than available openings will be filled through a random lottery (date will be announced each year on the application).
5. Mason Public Schools may refuse an application if the applicant has been suspended or expelled from another school district within the last two years.
Notification of application status will be communicated to the parent/guardian
within 2 weeks of the deadline date.
Ph: 517.676.2484 . FAX: 517.676.6058