1. What time does school begin and end?
Start=7:45 a.m. End= 2:30 p.m.
2. What time are lunches served?
6th= 10:22 a.m. 7th= 11:16 a.m. 8th= 12:11 p.m.
3. How do I report my child’s absence?
Please call 676-6514 by 3:30 p.m. following the day of the absence to have the absence excused.
4. What do I need to do in order for my child to ride home
with a student on another bus?
Your child needs to bring a note to school and have it signed by the office before 12:30 p.m. Notes will not be approved after school at the bus stop.
5. How do I find out information regarding my child’s food service account?
You may access your child’s lunch account through the Parental Access link on the district’s web page. To secure a password for this feature, please contact Information Technology Services at 676-6516. If you have a direct question regarding your child’s account, please contact Food Services at 676-6528.
6. How can parents get involved in the school?
You are welcome to attend Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meetings, which are held the first Thursday of every month. There are many opportunities for volunteering through this group.
7. How often are athletic eligibility sheets issued?
Eligibility sheets are issued every Thursday during the season and athletes are informed on Fridays. The eligibility is for the next week of contests.
8. How often does the late bus come after school?
The late bus comes on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. There are two buses that arrive at approximately 3:15 p.m.
9. Where can students be dropped off in the morning?
Parents should use the front circle drive to drop off seventh and eighth graders. Sixth graders should be dropped off at the north entrance to the gym.
10. What should I do if my child needs to take medication at school?
The Student Services office handles all medications and the administration of medications. Please contact the office at 676-6514, or refer to the information on page 7 of the handbook.
Ph: 517.676.6514 . FAX: 517.676.0287